Stacey Sublett: "Did you know that Highway Videos also has a collection of Vibe videos? Worth a look. We've used some of their stuff."

Andrew: Hi Stacey. Travis was at Wabi Sabi last month and gave me a set of his videos. I brought them with me to Holland, and as I blogged last week, I projected one or two of them on the ceiling, and really cranked up the music, and we all lay on our backs and really entered into worship. But something else happened with his videos that I did not expect. After we had created a mural of color and Scriptures and magazine images to reflect our ministries and what God was saying, we decided to pray for Marc Van Der Woude . Someone felt that God wanted to be the Potter in his life and was molding him like clay. Within 5 minutes we were praying for Marc up the front and I was projecting “The Potter” Vibe Video on to him – images of the Potter’s hands, the clay on the wheel, the furnace, etc. It was pretty cool, having someone mention the “potter” and then for me to whip out the appropriate video for projecting almost immediately. It worked so well, actually, that right after than I put in the “Fire” Vibe video and we prayed for God’s fire on Ronald and all those that wanted to jump into the projection stream and get some prayer for God’s fire in their lives and ministries.
Now there are some people who might say that those videos are quite “Obvious” in the sense of being in traditional Christian categories (sunsets, crosses, candles, water) and this might be somewhat true, but the fact is, when you are doing ministry and need video footage RIGHT NOW, the Vibe Video series is a very handy and accessible resource for anyone with their hands on a video projector.
When I speak at conferences now, I have been bringing the full set of them with me. The MPEG format on CDROM works fine on my Mac as well as PC. If I convert them over to Quicktime, then I can drop them into my VJ program Arkaos and mix them with my other video or add my own effects in real time.

Popular Posts