The Matrix Reloaded

It's 3 in the morning and I am up and drinking my first cup of tea (Tyfoo from England). This is the time I went to bed last night, after being a part of The Matrix Reloaded Premiere (yes, Prague got it a few days later - my apologies to the blogging community on being late with my contribution - 5 days is unforgivable, I know!). The premiere was a big thing. All 14 screens were showing the midnight viewing of Matrix. There were 4 DJ's in the lobby. Derek, Samuel and myself turned up and stayed awake thanks to a big Coke.
Right now I am checking on their website to read about Matrix philosophy. But before I do that, some initial thoughts about this movie:
The Matrix Reloaded is more pluralistic than the first (which will stop the Christians from getting weirdly possessive about it - evangelicals normally see stories as straight analogy or direct metaphor, rather than re:mixed or recapitulated media and so they get wierded out with their connections) as well as being more sensual, more tribal, and going deeper into the multi-leveled narrative.
I was happy to see that The Architect, an obvious God figure, is a VJ. He sits in his room of screens and controls them remotely with his pen (Book of Life?).
God the Video Jockey. Cool.
The question "What is Real" still chases the answer in the source code, rather than its expression (narrative, interface, image), which is something that makes a lot of sense in the world of new media, and the postmodern mind. Those who look past the narrative to see the source code are more likely to see what is really real.
I am interested in Neo's relationship with The Architect and look forward to see how this story moves forward.
You can check out Christianity Today's Matrix links, talk about the movie this week, blog your own thoughts as a part of the communal blog mind, and then give it a rest. Dont thrash it! Dont get wierd! Its just a movie!
Next week, Andrew Careaga suggests bloggers talk about the movie "Bruce Almighty" that comes out this weekend. Good idea.

Popular Posts