Skinny on media

(Keyboard image was taken by my wife last month).
Mean Dean of Heal your Web Site says in a recent Niphal interview that church websites are often ineffective and blogs are too limited for churches, but he recommends some good websites and offers assistance and links regarding RSS, which all of us Theoblogians should take a shot at figuring out.
Media Strategy is offering a FREE book (download) on web ministry. I just downloaded it and will try and read it soon. Let me know if you have a review of the book.
Thanks James Bruce for the info.
UPDATE: I scanned the book - and I feel . . . well . . . .dirty. Lots of talk about globalization, marketing, genXconsumers, how to target unreached people and media blitz the whole world. However, there were some good parts, especially a piece on a redemptive non-linear painting from Thailand. Nothing on the impact of new media on the way we think. Big focus on how to reach the BIG CROWD for God (minister to more asses for less money). I sound cruel, even more than MeanDean below. Maybe I should read the rest of the book?

Popular Posts