WE DID IT ! The wedding went off ok - they went through with it - I must be getting old but I thought the whole thing was a little rushed. A week ago, we didnt even know they liked each other!! Young people these days! Ay! Who can understand them?
For our part, we basically catered the event, cooking a large turkey, stuffing, etc. Apparently the Czechs wanted an American Thanksgiving meal and who better to cook it than a tall skinny kiwi.
Right now they are singing some songs and doing some religious sounding activities. The pastor is Pentecostal. I like the Pentecostals - they keep me on my toes when I preach in their churches. My greatest challenge with them is keeping my money in my wallet at their meetings - there is always a desperate need for money and I am pretty gullible - I just hand it over - thats why Debbie and I no longer have our wedding rings. Chalk it up to one too many Pentecostal meeting. I've found that its a lot cheaper to hang out with Baptists.
But back to the wedding. The more normal people have escaped into the patio for a smoke while the pastor does his thing. And where am I? Hiding out in my study, talking to you, of course. But now I must go and do a coffee/tea check. Oh yeah - Alice looked great in her orange dress and Martin borrowed my vintage coat and tails to go with his Doc Martin boots. They looked great!

RESPONSE:
Ummmm…. Could we have you come and speak at our church in Frankfurt? Real soon?
Marc [Shaw, Foursquare]
AJ - Marc, you Foursquare people are cool and pose NO threat to my wallet. The problem is the pastors who are trusting God for their new Mercedes without telling their people that they are actually trusting in them to take out the loan for it. And also, since you were mentioning postmodernity, I believe that Pentecostals are a significant response to the overly rational, anti-supernatural Christianity of the Enlightenment and are therefore a part of the postmodern correction.

Popular Posts