From Penn., USA
"I’m interested in learning more about you and what you do as a postmodern Apostle (your term, I think)"

Hey , thanks for the compliment but it not my term! Dallas Morning News ran an article about me on Aug 29, 1998 called "Postmodern Apostle" and the term stuck. Although I rarely use either word.
Postmodern. I and some others tried to stop using this word a few years ago when it started getting worn out, and when the Ghetto Christians only related it with a cognitive philosohpy that was stuck in 1970's de-constructionism, ending up in silly arguments over relative and absolute truth.
Apostle. I dont use the word to describe myself, and in USA I avoid the word entirely because the books I read about Apostleship all sound so foreign to my own experience. Other people use it of me to describe what happens when I enter or leave a city, and that is OK, but the word has a LOT of baggage, esp. in USA.

Popular Posts