JAY: hey Andrew, its Jay. I can't believe that crap about the christians rippin off your blog address (of sort of blog address), but at least all the innocent misstypists will be able to get all their christian needs at the MEGA SITE OF BIBLE STUDIES
my favorite part is "Right now, kneel and pray this prayer out loud, and mean it with all your heart.

ME: Funny ay???? And annoying at the same time. I have gone there by accident quite a few times already - I start typing my address and dont see the missing "s" on blogpot. Other bloggers are far more annoyed with him than I. I guess he is using a lot of names. I hope he doesnt create any envy on the part of those who DONT GET CHOSEN TO BE RIPPED OFF!!

It has got me thinking a little. I hate to bring up the modern vs. postmodern thing again, but isnt it interesting that all the young "postmodern" bloggers who are getting ripped off by Mr "modern" Evangelical are calling what he is doing ABSOLUTELY WRONG, but when he is asked about it, he says there is no law against it and it is not WRONG FOR HIM.
So who is the relativist now??
My thinking has led me to the following conclusion.
1. Moderns can be more concerned with someone's abstract concept about right or wrong, than they are about the deed itself.
2. In an environment where there areestablished laws and rules, moderns seem to stay out of trouble and postmoderns dont take the laws as seriously. But in an environment that is newly formed, such as the internet, and there are not yet a lot of established laws, rules, norms and behaviours, postmoderns are better adapted, and seem to come to a consensus on what is right and wrong.
Spamming, for example, is wrong. Spamming someones friends, just because you got a group email with lots of potential "contacts" is ABSOLUTELY WRONG - it is a violation of trust and damages relationships. At least that is the answer you will get from postmodern thinkers. Who are the people that spam? - my experience tells me that it is the moderns, the boomers, the older folk that are more likely to sell their wares to your friends than not. And this has happened to me before.
As for this guy using the appearance of our domain names to send our dear readers to a LAME FUNDY SITE, well, i am tempted to say "Type in tallskinnykiwi.blogpot.com and go take a look at how postmodern or modern he is" but then readers might get his address locked in their explorer memory and end up going there daily by accident. Just like I do all the time.
How does one remove an address from the browser memory?

And while I am complaining about abuse of people for the sake of making a buck, or getting famous, i have to tell you that I am writing my email address different on the left column - less convenient for you, but better for me.
Why? Because I get hundreds of emails from evangelicals trying to sell me stuff. Even worse, they now send their Jesus junkmail to my phone, since I left my phone email address on this blog for a total of 2 weeks. I took it off already, but its way too late. My phone goes "bleep bleep" all day long with JesusJunkmails. Today I was getting hit up by veggiewear.com.
Honestly, I only got one or two real emails on my phone. It was hardly worth it.
Did you know there are robots that scan christian web sites to scoop up all the email addresses so they can sell the names? Thats why my email address does not appear in true form on this site anymore - i would advise you guys to do the same.
These Christian companies go to enormous lengths to track down believers and try to sell them something. WHY DONT THEY GO TO THE SAME LENGTH TO TELL PEOPLE GOD LOVES THEM? I wish more people had done that for me when i needed to hear it.
Anyway, enough rambling. It is 1 in the morning and I should retire. Good night.

RESPONSE:
1. If you're using Internet Explorer...Tools...Internet Options... The first tab to come up is the "General" tab. Simply hit the "clear history" tab in the third box on the page and you should be fundy-free. Cheers, thad
2. preferences --> web browser --> advanced then clear history and cache. Matt Glock
3. To get rid of junk email you have several options: 1. In IE you can right click on a unwanted email and put it in Junk Mail; which will block that email address forever. And/or 2. download a program like SpamKiller (it’s free) and it does the same thing. Roger

Popular Posts