david hopkins

David Hopkins is taking his criticism of the Postmodern Super Friends to a new level. Quote:

"Of all the stuff I've written, I probably got the most attention with my labeling of the "Postmodern Super Friends." For kicks and giggles, and to leave no subgroup alone, I've created a few more postmodern elitist groups. I'm fascinated by elitistism."

My response:
1. As one of the original 'Super Friends", an elite group known as the Young Leaders which became Teranova, which then became Emergent, I would disagree that we all drank coffee. The fact is that I drink tea. Everyone knows that.
2. I would also like to say that we are, and always have been, against religious elitism.
3. I also like the fact that out of the three groups mentioned, we, the Postmodern Superfriends, are # 1. Number One. Numero Uno. Yeah, baby. And dont you forget it!!!!!

UPDATE:

I was just looking at our new website for emergent and i realized that, although we may have started as snobs (unintentionally), we are wide open for people to join our conversation. In fact, everyone should go to the site, sign in, and become a FRIEND of Emergent Village. That way we can all move ahead together.

Popular Posts