Today I start a series on understanding our present postmodern world. The Skinny Series will appear on The Ooze each week. Today's article (a really long one - sorry) is on postmodernity and the global worldviews. Let me know what you think.
Outline: There are 3 global kinds of thinkers: Traditionalists (who inherit truth), Rationalists (who discover truth) and Mystics (who experience truth). They are reflected in the Book of Job (Bildad, Zophar and Eliphaz) as well as in teachings from philosophers and missiologists. There is also, I believe, a transitional worldview (Elihu in Job) which is the postmodern worldview (which constructs truth).
There are three kinds of postmoderns - Skepical, Affirmative and Intuitive. Many Christian teachers have got stuck on the first one. Many of my friends are surfing in the last wave of intuitive postmodernism and dont even like the word "postmodern". I dont like it much either and it bugs me that I have to go back and say all this stuff. But hey, if you want to know more then check it out at The Ooze

Popular Posts