Hey. Japan rocks! First impressions. I expected it to be shiny and flashy, like Kuarla Lumpa or Hong Kong. Instead, it has a delightful retro quality, like the feel of Prague or what I imagine Moscow to be. The decor at the airport is a mixture of 60's industrial with occasional modern accents, but certainly not out to impress, as if the fibre of the country is so strong that it does not need to impress with facade or image. I resist the tempation to have a western meal when i arrive. The first few hours in a country are for bonding, courting, flirting. They are special. I order instead a house specialty dish of noodles, egg and meat in a large bowl. I am not disappointed. The price is what it would cost in USA, or cheaper. I heard everything was expensive here but that is not the case.

Popular Posts