Todd from USA wants to know what books I would recommend on Celtic Christianity.
Hi Todd. I think we learned more by doing it - living in a Celtic community (The Celtic House -1997), listening to the music, learning Celtic writing, visiting Scotland, etc. But there were some books that helped.
The best one I read was "How The Irish Saved Civilization" by Thoms Cahill - the most accessible and fun book on the subject."New Celts" by Roger Ellis et al, is also good and doesnt get stuck in dead ritualism. I have bought other more intelletual books on Celtic Christianity but there are boring to read and dont seem to capture the essence of the fun, frivolity and liveliness that I believe (or like to believe) the early Celtic Christians had.
My wife has bought about 6 books on Celtic knotwork by Adrian Meehan - who teaches the methodology that the monks used in their writing.
I recently saw a list of Celtic books on Jordon Cooper's blog.

Popular Posts