leonard sweet ::

Coop recommends a great piece by Len Sweet called "A Learned to Learner Litany of Transformation" Len is a good man. We spoke together at a conference earlier in the year - he and I on panel together for 90 minutes. I thought we would disagree on a few things but that never really happened - we ended up speaking like one man . . .well, one man and one tall skinny man . . . but we had a good timeand I like the man even more after that. Here is his piece of recent creative writing:

I used to be a learned professor. Now I'm a learner.
When I was learned, I knew where I was going. Now that I'm a learner, I don't know where I'm going----but I know whom I've going with.
When I was learned, I loved to talk. Now that I'm a learner, I'd prefer to listen, because that's when I'm learning.
The best we can do is hear God's voice, and in rare moments of mystical and metaphorical ecstasy, gently touch his face. . . .
Len Sweet

Popular Posts