Mullets. Abigail High from England responds "Please please do not get a mullet. . .My thinking so far:
1) if your hair is your crowning glory (since I'm sure that verse applies to men as well as to women), then wouldn't it be sacrilegious to mask its' beauty with the aesthetic horror of a mullet?
2) hasn't the post-modern hyper-ironic 80s-throwback revival already run out of steam? (c.f. the letter's page in this month's iD magazine). If we are to be pioneers of Kingdom culture rather than following the popular masses and apeing their "i'm so cool i can choose to have a mullet if i wish, because it's only done in an ironic sense" fashion statements (again, see recent issues of iD magazine), shouldn't we being doing something new rather than old hat (or should i say, hair)?"
Thanks Abigail. Jessica (my PA) has announced that we work in a "Mullet-free zone" so I dont think I am allowed to get one.

Popular Posts