Happy Birthday Tallskinnykiwi Blog- 2 years old today!























Yes, two years have passed by since I started up Tallskinnykiwi using the blogger engine. Before blogger, I had a website called Andrew's Tea Salon, which was a page on the My Phather's House web site (no longer online). Andrew's Tea Salon was basically a blog site, but without the name or the engine to run it. I manually entered the date and place where I was posting - the old fashioned way. This was 1997, and I had to use internet cafes (quite rare) to upload since I didnt have a computer. My wife did all the graphics and even used animation on the site, using free animation software. Those were the good old days.
In 2001, CNN did something on blogging and I started up tallskinnykiwi on June 4th using Blogger. I was the only Jesus Follower that I knew of who was blogging. A few months later, Jordon Cooper had seen my site and started a blog site. Rudy Carrasco also like my site and started one. Both of these guys are very outspoken and within a few months, there were a dozen or so Christian bloggers. Another 6 months, and there were too many to count.
Tall Skinny Kiwi has always been a simple site. I have never used flash and have tried to blog in a way that was reproducable - making it easy for others to start their own.
I have never used comments - although I probably should.
I write for myself. I have never used a counter to see how many people are visiting, but when I mentioned somebody on my blog, their number of visitors spikes up to all time highs and from all over the world.
I suppose it scares me to realize how many people come here daily. I really just wanted a journal where I could jot my thoughts down and links to other sites without losing them. I also have a desire to publish the good things that God is doing in my life ("Praise") and this gives me the means to do it.
Unfortunately, I cant always say what I really want to. My little blog has become an institution.
So, where to from here?
Firstly, I plan to stop this blog.
Why?
Because if I update it as much as I want to, then it will erase all the formatting of how it looks now, and I would rather preserve it as it is, and as it was.
I will start other blogs. In fact, I already have. I am not really happy with any of them at the moment, but I expect that a few of them will work.
I also want to use my mms phone more but am still waiting for the right software to get developed.
I would like to have a blog with more rules and more consistency. Blogging is new and there are few rules. But as it matures, more guidlines and standards will be set in place (like consistant size of images and postings). I would like to be a part of that movement. My blog is messy and has no consistency. I cant go back and change it.I dont really want to.
Instead, I will just stop it and start some new ones. Blogs with my family, with my community, with my friends.
So, the time is not right to shut this one down just now, so you will still be hearing from me here until I tell you where I am moving next.

Thanks Blogger for making it simple.
And thanks to you for coming here, and encouraging me on email, and giving me good advice on living and being. Thanks for being an important part of my life and allowing me to be a part of your life.
Lets keep journeying together!

Popular Posts